We've hit the 28 week mark, which means we're finally in the 3rd trimester! I had probably my last ultrasound yesterday afternoon, and the baby is doing beautifully. Also, the placenta is a little higher, meaning I'm finally released to exercise again. John and I just went on a walk in breezy 40-something degree weather. Almost all of our Easter snow has disappeared, and I'm not terribly disappointed about its absence. I'm already looking forward to green beans, scallions, and other goodies that I hope to ultimately dig from my first garden in the back yard.We spent a quiet Easter afternoon with John's family in Hamburg eating tasty food, knitting baby items, and watching basketball. Mom made the long drive back home to Colorado Springs in one day, just in time to start back to work again. We felt her departure acutely, and it was hard coming home to a quiet house that day. We're now slowly edging our way back into our routine.
John made it to a Wild (Minnesota professional hockey team) game last night with some friends and watched them beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-0. I spent a more quiet evening with a friend with good food and girl talk. Our weeks are still full with work and a few evening responsibilities, and we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of our little one -- realizing our lives will forever be altered.
Blessings on each of you! A few more ultrasound pics are below. The curling, alive object by his sweet face is his umbilical cord.


2 comments:
Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures. You are such a blessing to work with. I am so happy for both of you and am anxious to see your little boy in person. It was special when you let us touch your abdomen in clinic and actually feel his feet kick.
God's blessing on your family,
shirley
oh, baby baby!
You are so beautiful to behold in the easter photos, and your little one also is just too sweet. Can you believe it's the third trimester? I want to visit so bad!!! I can't stand it.... hmmmm....
Post a Comment