We joyously welcomed the arrival of a healthy baby boy, Delani Terrence Hanson, born to Brent and Pam on February 27th! I hear even the two older brothers, Isaiah and Malakai, are adjusting fairly well to having to share their mom and dad, usually. My mom visited and helped out for a week and of course loved it.
Also in February, we Werners attended Michael's high school play, Scapino. He was marvelous as the angry father figure. Only a week later, Michael competed in a state vocal competetion and won in his age group! I had the joy of accompanying him and was astounded at his ease in performing.
Michael in Scapino
Michael performing at state vocal competition
John is continuing to stay busy with his 6th grade class and band. He is also now directing the upcoming school play and is serving as Chair of Evangelism Committee at church. My work at the Shriners Hospital is still going very well. I just met one of my favorite patients this week. He is a 3 year old boy who was adoped from an orphanage in China a couple months ago. Because of extreme lower leg deformities, he had to have his feet amputated this week. The morning after surgery, we checked in on him to see how he was doing; I was utterly floored by his amazing courage and sweetness. His face was full of fear and questions, and tears were near as we asked him how he was doing. He sniffed and said in his new English, "I'm okay; how are you?" Besides the expected tears that did ultimately come, this little boy handled the life-altering experience with bravery and grace and eventually wide grins. Next month, he will exchange his green and blue casts for prosthetic lower legs and will learn how to walk for the first time!
In short, we are happy and thankful for the many blessings we enjoy everyday. God's blessings on all of you during this time of reflective Lent, as we prepare for the ultimate example of new life in Christ's suffering and resurrection.

Friday, March 09, 2007
Beautiful Life
Posted by
Sarah
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Those boys are seriously beautiful! I bet it's amazing to watch them grow together. And how fun you were able to accompany Michael. That's wonderful.... so much news in this blog! The little boy who lost his feet? Thanks for sharing Sarah. I love hearing....
Post a Comment