Sunday, August 10, 2008

Zucchini summer

We have been blessed with a fruitful garden this year! My favorites are the zucchini and green beans, and we've had many harvests of both of these. The zucchini bread may be John's favorite use of the tasty vegetable, but we also like it sauteed (I don't know how to type an accent over that first "e") with olive oil and garlic salt.

But really, that's not why you checked this blog. There are so many other news-worthy items to mention:

  • John's family moved from Hamburg to Seward, NE 2 weeks ago and are thriving in their new home. Betsy starts teaching at St. John's in a little over a week, Dave has a lead for a job which would use his technical savy, and Jessica and Michael will soon be starting college -- Jessica her 4th year at Concordia, Seward, and Michael his first year at Concordia, Chicago
  • My Mom and David have just moved to Tabernash, CO, in the mountains west of Denver, near where David has a new job in construction with a great boss
  • Our St. Louis trip went very well! Noah travels like a champ, essentially sleeping most of the time and then still sleeping at night. Woo-hoo! We had great visits with Gus and Nita, John's Aunt Martha, his Uncle Mark and Aunt Dottie, and cousins Beth and Craig, their sons, and cousin Marc.
  • Noah has started cooing at us! He started this in the hotel the evening of our 9+ hour car ride. He may have just been relieved to be out of the dreadful car seat, but he's continuing the fun even at home.
  • I start back to work TOMORROW. Wow. It had to come, and I'm pretty ambivalent about it: looking forward to getting back to the job I love but dreading leaving Noah. At least he will be in John's capable hands.
Smiling Noah the night he started cooing
Noah and his great grandpa Gus
Noah with his great grandma Nita
Noah's lion; he smiles at this at almost every diaper change now. We think he is noticing and enjoying the color red now and so loves his lion's mane and tail.

Noah smiling up at his friendly lion
Noah with his daddy in the rocking chair this afternoon


Isn't he sweet?

4 comments:

Confirmation Academy said...

Thanks for the updates! We hope going back to work goes smoothly. John and I will try to work out some video conferencing via the Internet.

Love you, Dave, Betsy, Jessica and Michael Werner

Anonymous said...

what incredible photos! what joyful smiles! thanks for posting these. I was planning to comment on my favorite, but I can't pick one.
love from didi
p.s.: I can't figure out how to do the identity thing, so I'm signing in as Anonymous

Anonymous said...

Noah's pictures are really cute! He's grown so much and filling out quite a bit, Sarah. You two must be very proud of him!

Hope today went all right at work and also, the two at home.
Love you, Carol, Dad (Grandma and Grandpa Hanson) and Destiny

Anonymous said...

the end of your first week back to work, Sarah, and the first week of your new schedule. I think of you often -- I have the picture of John and Noah on my screen at work! it brightens the day for everyone who sees it. now we need one with the three of you!

love
didi